ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Refunds

Re: Refunds

Larry Suddjian (wstf@foothill.net)
Tue, 27 May 1997 19:30:25 -0700

Karen Steenhof wrote:

> Hi all-
> Ridecamp has been so quiet, I thought I'd open a new can of worms.
>
> A rider checks into a ride the afternoon/evening before the ride. The
> horse passes the vet check. The next morning, the rider decides not to
> start the ride. Should the ride manager:
> a) refund the entire entry fee
> b) refund part of the entry fee
> or
> c) refund none of the entry fee?
>
> Should this decision depend on whether:
> a) the horse got sick or injured overnight
> b) the rider got sick or injured overnight,
> or
> c) the rider simply changed his/her mind about riding?
>
> What are the typical policies in the various regions, and what do you think
> the policies should be?
>
> Karen Steenhof
> Boise, Idaho
> steenhof@cyberhighway.net

Hello Karen ~

The Western States Trail Ride ~ "The Tevis Cup 100 Miles One Day Ride"
would consider the entrant as a person that pulled out prior to the
start of the Ride and, pursuant to the entry form, keep $50 as an
administrative fee. The entrant would be encouraged to submit an entry
for the next event.

Larry Suddjian, Ride Director
WESTERN STATES TRAIL RIDE
http://www.foothill.net/tevis