ridecamp@endurance.net: Re[2]: Perform'N Win Cookies!

Re[2]: Perform'N Win Cookies!

Bonnie Snodgrass (snodgrab@ncr.disa.mil)
Tue, 27 May 97 09:14:52 EST

I've made horse cookies before and would suggest the following:

rolled oats or barley
cracked corn
bran
oil
molasses or raisens
flour
water
electrolytes

The flour is the binder and is needed to hold it all together. Too
much molasses will cause burning. Raisens are a great sweet substitute
for the molasses and can be bought in bulk. Note I didn't list
quantities. I'm a great "cook by the seat of my pants" cook and just
start throwing things together. I'd say about 3 cups oats, 1 cup corn,
2 cups bran, 1/2 - 3/4 cup oil, same amount molasses, 1 cup flour,
whatever you desire in electrolytes and sufficient water to make a
stiff dough (picture what chocolate chip cookie dough looks like). I
suggest you use the raisens to increase palatability. People and dogs
steal my cookies inspite of the hard cracked corn in them. Of course I
haven't made any with electrolytes but think it's a great idea.

Bonnie Snodgrass