ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: resting place available - LA

Re: resting place available - LA

tina hicks (hickst@puzzler.nichols.com)
Fri, 23 May 1997 08:18:40 -0500

At 07:48 AM 5/23/97 -0400, Charlene Bartholomae wrote:
>Hi,
> I think it is a pretty good idea - someone suggested networking among
>ridecampers to provide rest areas for those "passing thru".
anyone care to take on the job of making a directory of sorts? E-L does the
same type thing.....it's not posted anywhere - one person keeps it up and if
you wanna use it you email her and ask her who's on the list for this
route.....you get names/number/accomodations/what assistance they can offer.
It's called the Disaster Directory

even if you don't have a place to stay it's helpful to know if there are
horsefolks in an area that could get a vet for you or offer assistance if
needed in the event something happened - that's my fear - needing a vet in a
strange town while on the road, it's late, and not having a clue how to find
one.....