ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Camelback water carriers

Re: Camelback water carriers

tina hicks (hickst@puzzler.nichols.com)
Wed, 21 May 1997 07:54:39 -0500

At 07:17 AM 5/21/97 -0500, Doris Kulp wrote:

>Problem: How do you get rid of the plastic smell/taste? It turns me
>off so much that I can't use it. Any ideas out there.

hmmm...I've never noticed such a taste. Do you have a local bike shop?
Camelbaks are very popular with the mtn biking crowd and they can probably
give you some ideas.

BTW, you can freeze your bladder just like water bottles to keep it colder a
little longer. I love mine - don't carry any water bottles now since using
the cambelbak - but do notice that since the water is against my body it
tends to get very hot in the summer.

also rides best when not quite full....have to master holding your shoulders
just the right way and then there is no bounce

i forget mine's there

just a little side note - Backpacker mag. did a review of several
bladder-type water carriers. Apparently Camelbak claims it will hold up to
an elephant stepping on it or something so the magazine did the next best
thing - they filled it and then *ran over it* with a truck. The bladder
*did not* burst or even leak.

course the negative side to drinking so well is you have to go to the
bathroom alot too :-))

Tina and Tony
hickst@nichols.com