ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: PHF

Re: PHF

gerhardt (gerhardt@theriver.com)
Sat, 17 May 1997 21:31:01 -0700

Truman,

I will relate a story in answer to your question. I have some friends that
stand a stallion in Ohio. One year they got a mare in for breeding with a
snotty nose. The snotty nose went through their barn, nothing serious. The
next spring they had no foals. Every mare on the place aborted. I vacinate
for rhino. It's not worth to me to risk losing an entire year's foal crop.
I do hate that PHF shot, though, it's nasty. I vacinate for rabies, and use
a 4 way once a year, but I have wondered about the advisability of giving
the rhino/flu quarterly. They invariably get a little sick from it for a
few days and I really don' t like that.

Annette