ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: To geld or not, that is the question

Re: To geld or not, that is the question

Lauren Horn (fourhorn@mail.fia.net)
Mon, 19 May 1997 22:18:48 -0700

K S Swigart wrote:

> I have found (in the two breed that I am most familiar with, Arabians and
> TBs) that, in fact, there are too few stallions, and prominent stallions
> appear far too often in the pedigrees of purebred horses.

Totally disagree with you there Kat, about the Arabians, that is. Too
few Arabian Stallions?? No way! Every other Arab is a stallion. (An
exaggeration, but you get my point)

The balance of your post about too many horses caused by too many mares
bred; We had this discussion in the past, and I still believe it is the
stallion owners responsibility to screen poor quality mares.

Lauren