ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Implants

Re: Implants

Ramey Peticolas-Stroud (ramey@wvi.com)
Mon, 19 May 1997 09:00:47 +0000

Regarding the use of implants and RegumateŽ on mares in competition,
AERC published a document in August of 1991 entitled: "AERC MEDICATION
POLICY SUPPLEMENT" which reads in part:

"Permissible Substances:
*A Non-Inclusive List
(permissible preceding and during competition). . .

• Compounds to synchronize estrus
(e.g. RegumateŽ)"

This supplemental policy is apparently still valid. No retractions or
alterations have been published to the membership that I know of. Under
this 1991 AERC policy statement, if your intent is to synchronize
estrus, you may enter rides with the implant in place.

Do you have any information to the contrary?

Thank you,

Ramey Peticolas-Stroud