ridecamp@endurance.net: RE: endurance bloodlines

RE: endurance bloodlines

Mike Sofen (a-miksof@MICROSOFT.com)
Thu, 15 May 1997 09:15:28 -0700

We're not saying, "Take a Volkswagen and make it into a Porsche.", we're
saying, "Find me a Porsche and then let's supertune it and put racing
rubber on it.". Of course we all need to start with something that's
useful, but how much we get out of a particular individual is directly
related to what we put into them in terms of training and conditioning.

Turn your statement around - buy a Secretariat-type horse after 8 years
of breeding mares and put him directly onto the track - how well do you
think he'll do?

Mike Sofen
Seattle, WA