Subject: Re: hoof supplements/bran
Author: ridecamp@endurance.net at smtp
Date: 5/12/97 3:02 PM

Lance Rosedale wrote:

> Thanks to everyone who sent comments on Fastrack and hoof supplements.
> I decided Biotin Plus wins the poll, with more people happy with that
> than anything else, so I'm starting my mare on Biotin Plus to see what
> happens.
>
> Next question: how do you feed this stuff?

Hi Lance,

My horses love the Biotin Plus and will eat it out of the bucket (as
will the dogs if allowed). It has some sort of spice blend in it, and
smells pretty yummy.

I just put it in their feeders and they lick it up. When they get
pellets, I pour a "slosh" of corn oil on them and then mix the Biotin
Plus in to get it to stick. Very important on windy days!

I don't think you can really overdose on corn oil.....you would start
getting loose stools if you were giving too much, so that would be the
clue I suppose. My horses have gotten up to 3 cups a day with no ill
effects.

Tracy Stampke