ridecamp@endurance.net: RE: Scramblers

RE: Scramblers

Luke Steele (luke.steele@fujitsu.com.au)
Tue, 06 May 1997 16:01:08 +1000

At 11:37 5/05/97 -0700, Mike wrote:
>One time I had to haul my (quarter) horse using my neighbor's trailer
>that looked like it had been built for Arab/Chihuahua cross's and I got
>my horse in there by doing the exact same thing - pull the divider over
>and rig another butt line. Worked very well and I always use that
>config when using a single horse in a two horse inline...

I had an experience with a friend's horse that scrambled, then went down in
my two horse trailer. After unloading, we travelled the two horses without
the divider.
I haven't used a divider since, whether carrying one or two horses. The
horse that scrambled was fine after removing the divider.
The only advantage I have found with a divider is that you can hang saddles
and rugs, etc. on it. That's all.
My horses travel fine without it.

Luke