ridecamp@endurance.net: Trailers..EQUUS

Trailers..EQUUS

Marinera@aol.com
Mon, 5 May 1997 13:08:07 -0400 (EDT)

The August 1996 issue of EQUUS (#222) has an in depth article on
Trailers...makes, costs, options, etc. Issue #198, April 1994, has a good
article on tow vehicles, hitches, safety concerns, etc. If you want to
order these back issues, call EQUUS at 301-977-3900, Ext. 141. Julie

P.S. Also, EQUUS Issue #210 (April 1995) has an article called the HORSE
HAULER'S HANDBOOK. Very good.

RReceived: (from majordom@localhost) by fsr.com (8.8.2/8.7.3) id JAA18923; Mon, 5 May 1997 09:48:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: MARDIP@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 12:47:02 -0400 (EDT)
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: Re: Scramblers

Did you try switching sides? Often a horse will scramble when loaded on one
side but not the other. If not, slant load should do it. I hauled my
gelding, a dream to haul, with a horse that freaked out mid trip. Ever since
then he freaked when hauled on the left. I still have my 2 horse inline, but
swung over the divider so he has no divider to lean on and can stand slant.
If I haul 2 horses I swing the divider back and haul him on the right, the
other horse on the left. I had butt bars made for the trailer that I can use
when the divider is out to keep him from sitting on the back door. I've been
hauling this way for years now without problem. With the divider over you
never even know he's in there, just like before I did a favor and hauled a
strangers strange horse from a ride. I should have known - something weird
when someone gets to a ride but somehow ends up with no ride from. Should
have figured something wrong...<wry g>

BTW - Getting ready to order a new 2 horse slant trailer. <g>

eceived: (from majordom@localhost) by fsr.com (8.8.2/8.7.3) id JAA17914; Mon, 5 May 1997 09:35:48 -0700 (PDT)