ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Trailer ratings

Re: Trailer ratings

Tracy Stampke (zebella@idt.net)
Sun, 04 May 1997 18:48:23 -0700

ChacoL@aol.com wrote:
> I'm thinking it might be advisable when buying a new steel trailer to have
> extra rust-proof paint put on before it's ever used. Could be cheaper in the
> long run. Anyone ever done this?
>
> Linda with the leaky Logan
> San Francisco

Another reason we went with Jackson, they use galvaneal steel and
undercoat the roof and fenders. They also use Sherman-Williams
automotive paint in a five step process:
1) acid bath
2) Prime with vinal wash primer
3)All seams are sealed with rubber seam sealer
4) Then it is again primed entirely
5) Application of at least 4 layers of Acrylic Urethane Enamel

so far, so good.....not a trace of rust (unlike the Bonanza I might add)

tracy