ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Snakes

Re: Snakes

gerhardt (gerhardt@theriver.com)
Fri, 2 May 1997 03:04:15 -0700

Where are you? I have not noticed that snakes have a distinctive odor, but
I am in the dry Southwest, Southeastern Arizona just 40 miles North of the
Mexican border. I wonder if the ability to notice an odor might be more
pronounced in a humid clime than it is here.

Annette and 10 Mountain Horses, one still on the way (The mare says is that
foal ever going to come?!)

----------
> From: MBlanchrd@aol.com
> To: ridecamp@endurance.net
> Subject: Snakes
> Date: Thursday, May 01, 1997 6:20 AM
>
> After reading the post about horses being able to discern venomous snakes
> from non-venomous snakes...
>
> I do a lot of "brush busting"...on foot, by the way, meaning I find
myself
> going through thickets and underbrush that later I wonder whatever
possessed
> me to even attempt (this is part of my hobby of birding, which is just
> another flavor of insanity).
>
> I see a lot of snakes in there, especially now, that it's summer
again. I
> have found that the venomous snakes smell.. sometimes they stink.
Rattlers