ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: 100 milers

Re: 100 milers

Joe Long (jlong@mti.net)
Thu, 01 May 1997 16:11:15 GMT

On Thu, 1 May 97 9:13:06 -0600, "Linda VanCeylon"
<LVanCeylon@vines.ColoState.EDU> wrote:

>I think the reason many people don't want to do the 75 milers is a matter
>of points. If you are going to put in that much preparation and training,
>you might as well go for the double points.

Yep, that old bugaboo of unintended consequences. The extra (*1.5, not double)
points for the 100's was put in not only to recognize that a 100 is more of an
achievement than two 50's, but to encourage participation in 100's.
Unfortunately, it also discourages 75's. <sigh>

--

Joe Long jlong@mti.net http://www.mti.net Business http://www.rnbw.com Personal