ridecamp@endurance.net: what happened to the cosequin challenge...

what happened to the cosequin challenge...

Michael K Maul (mmaul@micro.ti.com)
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 10:06:40 -0500

tina asked ...

not to open a whole other bag of worms but Steph mentioned in her incredibly
tactful reply to our apparent troll that the cash awards debate was a biggie
:-) to say the least....

what if anything has happened with that? is the big race (was it the
Cosequin Challenge) going to happen this year?

since i do the calendar - i was surprised when i got the cancellation
through the aerc e-mail feed from miki cohen at the office in late feb.

i had heard that it was cancelled "unofficially" before this since
it was too close to the old dominion and people did not want any
problems with riders being in the challenge - then not doing the
OD.

following is the note i received from Miki