ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Dry camp tanks

Re: Dry camp tanks

Jim Mitchell (navion@lsbsdi2.lightspeed.net)
Tue, 29 Apr 1997 20:14:51 -0700

MARDIP@aol.com wrote:

> I recall someone mentioning having gotten a 50 gallon or greater dry camp
> tank for their trailer. I checked with Farnam and they only have to 30
> gallon. Where can you get the larger tanks?
> You can find some standard size water tanks in mail order catalogs like Northern
Hydraulics or Direct Line. These are not for horse trailers specifically but just
plastic tanks you can use if it fits your space. These are relatively cheap, between
$1.00 and $2.00 per gallon.
The way I went was to go to a RV store and look at their catalog of RV water tanks.
The selection is huge with all shapes and sizes from 25 gal to over 100 gallons. I found
the shape I wanted and built a bench around it in my gooseneck trailer. Nice bench to
sit on or help climb into the gooseneck bed and it holds 60 gallons of water. The
downside is the cost. About $3.00 to $5.00 per gallon.

Jim Mitchell
Bakersfield, Ca.