ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: the new AERC e-mail address is AERCRide1@aol.com

Re: the new AERC e-mail address is AERCRide1@aol.com

Diana L. Benson (dbenson@juno.com)
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 09:42:54 PST

On Tue, 22 Apr 1997 21:02:16 -0600 "Karen Steenhof"
<steenhof@cyberhighway.net> writes:

>> the address to reach the aerc office has changed to
>> aercride1@aol.com
>> you can send questions that you might normally call the office
>> to get answered.
>> they are not answering questions yet by e-mail but they will be
>> printed out and put in the queue to be answered the normal way.
>Why are they not answering by email? Wouldn't it be much less
>expensive? I emailed them not long ago about the directory, and they
phoned >me back in the middle of the day. Could these long distance
calls one of the
>reasons are dues are so high???? >

Not endurance related but could be (for ride managers, AERC office,
directors, etc.) I have made the following discoveries:

If you are an AT&T customer and you want $0.10 a minute with AT&T long
distance, call 1-800-CALLATT and ask for it. It will cost $4.95 a month
but you then have $0.10 a minute at all times. (Ask them to make it
retroactive - they'll go back to the first of your billing cycle.)

Now, if you do that, and you have SW Bell local long distance (as we have
here in SW Missouri) you may be able to do this - dial acess code 10288
and then the "local long distance" number (10288 1+AC+number) and bypass
SW Bell's high charges and get your $0.10 rate with AT&T.

If you are a Sprint or MCI or something customer and go back to AT&T,
they will give you $0.10 a minute rate free for six months and then you
go onto $0.15 a minute - but I think at that point you could request the
above described services.

I found this out from the Missouri Public Service Commission. You can
call your state's PSC and find what's available to you. Also, call your
phone company(s). Keep in mind - they don't volunteer the best deals
usually!

Diana Benson
Joplin MO