ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: The sound of a 30-30

Re: The sound of a 30-30

Tommy Crockett (tomydore@goblin.punk.net)
Tue, 22 Apr 1997 18:07:15 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 22 Apr 1997, K S Swigart wrote:

> exaggeration (actually, I took it to mean nothing more than "a loud
> popping noise").
>
> A 30-30 is a supersonic rifle with a rather distinctive "report" that can
> be heard for miles around. It actually makes 2 noises, a "bang" from the
> explosion of the cartridge and a "crack" from the sonic boom of the bullet

True, and I agree the "popping" noise probably isn't as loud as a 30-30,
but both pales in both the sound and visual report of a 38 40. Ask Ivers. :)

Tommy Crockett, <tomydore@goblin.punk.net>
Los Osos, Ca. 93402-2715, USA
http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Trails/1079
"I ain't got no blood in my veins I just got them four
lanes of Hard Amarillo Highway" Terry Allen