ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: my horse's visit to the dentist

Re: my horse's visit to the dentist

Niccolai Murphy (hlurphy@socal.wanet.com)
Wed, 16 Apr 1997 19:20:39 -0700

ROBERT J MORRIS wrote:

> -- [ From: ROBERT J MORRIS * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --
>
> Hi All:
>
> I just had to get in my biased opinion on this one. Bring as mean and a lot
> older and grouchier than Tom I went and did some research.
>
> First let me advise any one interested in what can be done with the joints
> of a horse to get a copy of several basic books. I suggest The Anatomy of
> the Horse By Way & Lee--Lameness in Horses by O.R. Adams---The Lame Horse by
> James R. Rooney and finally The Autopsy of the Horse also by Rooney.

Just so you don't go looking for the book it's.... The Lame Horse,
Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment by James R. Rooney, Melvin Powers
Wilshire Book Co, 12015 Sherman Road, no. Hollywood, CA91605, regular
price 10 bucks.

For anatomy and the best pictures (all hand drawn, well labelled
illustrations), I like... Horse Anatomy a pitorial approach to equine
structure by Peter C. Goody, Published by J.A. Allen & Co Ltd, 1 Lower
Grosvenor Place, Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 0EL, ISBN 0 85131
230 6.

Nicco

--
Open the bay door please, Hal.