ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Stirrups

Re: Stirrups

gerhardt (gerhardt@theriver.com)
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 17:56:23 -0700

Interesting. Exactly how I ride my gaited horses, and indeed very
comfortable and balanced. Always thought it had to do with sitting the
gait, though, as I can't do it on a trotting horse at the trot.

Annette

P.S. I have no idea how to snip and cut the message, although I saw some
discussion on that recently. I'm such a newbie it didn't sink in though, so
if I get yelled at for including Robert's whole message, yell about how not
to do that again for me, willya?

----------
> From: ROBERT J MORRIS <bobmorris@rmci.net>
> To: ChacoL@aol.com; ridecamp@endurance.net
> Subject: Re: Stirrups
> Date: Wednesday, April 09, 1997 7:20 PM
>
> -- [ From: ROBERT J MORRIS * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --
>
> I notice that every one on this subject talks about weight on the heels,
> heels down and relaxing the ankles.
>
> Try this one next time you ride!! PUT NO WEIGHT ON THE HEELS!!! Raise the
> toes instead!!! Sounds funny but it takes a different set of muscles.
Throws