ridecamp@endurance.net: RE: Stirrups

RE: Stirrups

Flemmer, Linda (LFlemmer@CHKD.com)
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 09:36:30 -0400

Julia,
You wrote:
>Sorry if this has been asked before but I am looking
>to purchase new stirrups and have narrowed it down to
>these three: Flex-ride Stirrups
> E-Z Ride Stirrups
> Cloud Stirrups
>Would appreciate any input on your favorites.

My stirrups aren't on your list, but I wouldn't give them up for the
world. Trail Tech stirrups are wide with a shock absorbing rubber donut
at the top where the stirrup leathers wrap around the stirrups. As
weight is put in the stirrups (as if posting) the donut compress and
relieves my knees and feet on the longer rides. They did take some
getting used to. The first few times I rode in them, I felt like the
stirrups were running away from me. They feel completely normal now, &
I have no problems in changing from conventional stirrups for dressage
to the Trail Techs.

I had considered limiting my rides to limited distances since my knee
surgery, but these stirrups have made it possible to continue
comfortably on 50's and multiday rides!