ridecamp@endurance.net: fly predators

fly predators

Becky Huffman (hhcc1@htcomp.net)
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 20:51:14 -0600

I had always heard them called fly predators. I couldn't find any on the
market and finally realized they were some type of wasps. cant remember
their real name. any large feed/tack store should be able to order them
for you. they are shipped a live eggs and must be put out immediately.
The only drawback it that they live in the fresh poop and if you keep you
it cleaned up, they will leave. I dont know if they would work well in a
barn because of that. they work very well for a shed row, pens type
situation, dont know about pasture (I dont have any right now) As far as
the cattle, you would be unable to keep them from spreading. If your
cattle were some distance apart, wait till they get established in one
place then just move a scoop of poop to the other,

Becky
Semper Fi & The ShadowRat
Huffman Horse and Cattle Company
Fine Endurance Arabians and 'Horned Cows'
hhcc1@htcomp.net

----------
> From: Jessica Tuteur <jessicat@napanet.net>
> To: Becky Huffman <hhcc1@htcomp.net>
> Subject: Re: garlic
> Date: Monday, March 24, 1997 12:04 PM
>
> I got the flyer on the wasps. I have a question for you since you've been
> using the wasps. I have horses and cattle. How would I be able to spread
the
> wasps aroung to horsey area and on the cattle area as well? Any tips
would
> be great.
>
> Thanks
>
> :-) Jessica