ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Dairly wormers vs paste

Re: Dairly wormers vs paste

C.M.Newell (reshan@deyr.ultranet.com)
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 09:40:33 -0500

At 02:23 PM 3/20/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Trish,
>
>Have you ever thought of feeding your horse garlic (garlic powder) through his
>feed !
>Garlic does not only purifies the blood, it also keeps mosquitos and worms
>away.
>
>I give my horses garlic every evening through their feed and deworm them every
>8 weeks.
>In my opinion 'natural things' are always better to gave your horse daily then
>chemical stuff.

Beware of overdoing the garlic. Garlic and other members of the
onion family can anc do cause Heinz body anemia in horses, cattle, and small
animals if fed in sufficient quantity. This phenomenon has also been noted
in animals grazing where wild onion is found.
Remember, cyanide is all natural, too.
--CMNewell, DVM