ridecamp@endurance.net: RE: should support boots be used?

RE: should support boots be used?

Tommy Crockett (tomydore@goblin.punk.net)
(no date)

On Tue, 18 Mar 1997, Connie Hoge wrote:
> few miles to show up - but not good. Also, some weeds with sharp things -
get
> stuck in the boot, & worked in. Hours of picking out.
> I've read somewhere, & our Vet says during competition not to use them. Heat
> builds up, dirt gets in etc. If at all, he recommends putting them on the
> last loop of a ride, when the horse is getting tired, & can use the extra
> support & protection.
Mike Tomlinson has pointed out to me, at a ride no less, that SMBs
shouldn't, probably be used for more then 25 miles max, due to the heat
caused blood to pool, as I recall. BTW, there are SMB "covers" that fit
over them and keeps plant material, like foxtails from becoming embedded
in the things. t Tommy Crockett <tomydore@goblin.punk.net>
Los Osos, Ca. 93402-2715 http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Trails/1079

From: RUN4BEAR@aol.comSubject: Re: Sharon Saare saddle
<< I told Sharon the other day that I was having a problem. I'm going
to trade my saddle in for another one. She has several manufacturers, so
some saddles work up a little narrower in the seat than others. I'm going
to try out one of hers from another mfg. >>
The seat saver will put you up higher off the saddle, thus making it feel
narrower...most width is determined by the tree...NOT a good idea I would
think to trim tree...it is a fiberglass covered wood..you may weaken the tree
itself.Teddy

From: Lietzke1@aol.comSubject: wanted horse to ride
Anyone in the Wilmington Delaware area looking for an excellent rider to ride
one of their horses? My future daughter in law is 28 and grew up riding
thoroughbreds. She used to show. She has an excellent seat, weighs about 100
lbs and would love to ride more. She rides with us but we are in PA so not
real close. Her e-mail address is Goddsez@aol.com Thanks
Jane Lietzke