Subject: Reduced feed intake
Author: ridecamp@endurance.net at smtp
Date: 3/17/97 10:32 AM

Hello everyone,
Has anyone had their horses back off their feed after a 50 miler even though
their horse is having an excellent attitude after the rides? My mare after
two fifties a month apart has not been finishing her rations of grain. Her
attitude has been great and she has been coming out of the rides wanting to
go out again the next morning ,I give her 4 to 5 days off after the rides
and she is out in pasture with plenty of hay. It's been a week and a couple
days since her last ride and she still isn't completely cleaning up her
feed. Does anyone have any suggestions or have they experienced this with
any of their horses?
Thanks,
Cindy & Sea Breeze