ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: what about keeping the horse in trailer for the night?

Re: what about keeping the horse in trailer for the night?

Ann Hatfield (keithr@nocdc.bc.ca)
Sat, 15 Mar 1997 22:22:36 -0800

----------
> From: Becky Huffman <hhcc1@htcomp.net>
> To: Ann Hatfield <keithr@nocdc.bc.ca>
> Cc: ride camp <ridecamp@endurance.net>
> Subject: Re: what about keeping the horse in trailer for the night?
> Date: Saturday, March 15, 1997 7:36 PM
> Hi,Becky:

Thanks for the response. And for not laughing about the lights! I saw
some, a strand of little Christmas lights, somehow run off a truck's
battery once and it struck me that it might just work in this situation.

Am I being slow over this part? Why do you put feed and water at opposite
ends? On the trail or at home my guys usually have free access to both at
the same time. So far this hasn't caused problems. If the water isn't
handy then I give then a drink first then feed.

> I've never had any problems with this, but haven't done it
> more than a few times. would be interested to know what others have
> experienced. I am always careful to put feed/water at opposite ends.
>
> I'm glad to hear that the trailer-hotel has worked out for your horse. I
think I'll try it. The only disadvantages I can think of are a cast horse
and thumping about all night, but as someone else pointed out, a tied horse
with a couple of buckets is pretty darn noisy, too!

Ann