ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Horses tied to trailers

Re: Horses tied to trailers

Tommy Crockett (tomydore@goblin.punk.net)
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 18:37:52 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 11 Mar 1997, Tracy Stampke wrote:
8
> Tommy, could you elaborate a little on how you set up the tether on the
> trailer?

Hi Tracy,

I usually don't have the top doors in the rear of the trailer installed.
So I just take a long rope and fasten it to the bar in the middle of the
two rear doors. (I don't have a ramp). I stretch it out and tie it to the
tie down in the feeder and shut the door. I gives him a lot more room to
move around. He uses it all. It's up high and with the proper length of
rope from his lead to the teather he can't possibly get his leg up over
it.

Of course the best solution is to get there early enough to find a tree
to tie your rope between it and the rear of your trailer. Not always
possible though. I carry a 30 foot line with me to every ride and toos
the excess into the trailer bay.

Happy camping :)

Tommy Crockett <tomydore@goblin.punk.net>
Los Osos, Ca. 93402-2715
"He asked me, why do you ride for your money?
why do you rope for short pay?"
Michael Burton, Gopher Music, BMI
http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Trails/1079