ridecamp@endurance.net: RE: Gaited vs. Arab

RE: Gaited vs. Arab

Connie Hoge (pvtevt@msn.com)
Tue, 11 Mar 97 20:08:16 UT

Arnette,

You wrote:
>If an
>I-don't-quite-know-how-to-describe-it-without-offending-everyone
>temperament is a requirement for endurance horses, I can see it will >never
>be a sport I would enjoy. I like being safe! At 46, I don't bounce like I
>used to, it breaks more easily, and takes longer to heal!

All I've ridden since childhood, are Arabians. At the same age - I LOVE the
Energy! I can describe it: It's unbounding enthusiam! Or the
"trot-in-place", but at a foot off the ground, right out of the Spanish Riding
School - that's100% natural.

Riding a horse like that, doing distance, the challenge, is why I do
endurance.

Connie Hoge
Arlington, WA