ridecamp@endurance.net: ride descriptions

ride descriptions

Stephanie Teeter (step@bluefish.fsr.com)
Wed, 5 Mar 1997 10:29:30 -0800 (PST)

What I'm hoping for with the ride descriptions is
to have a collection of descriptions and opinions.
Everyone has a different experience, and different
opinion - so by having several different descriptions
of the same ride we can get a more complete picture.
Certainly the ride manager's version should be included
in the calendar, but I don't think it should necessarily
be excluded from the informal list.

Do you think what we've done is the right format? Always
room for improvements....maybe what we built is more
appropriate for managers, and we should add some extra
or different stuff for riders.

Steph

-------------
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 97 08:43:39 CST
From: mmaul@micro.ti.com (Michael K Maul)
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: ride descriptions page

at the risk of offending all the ride managers reading ridecamp -
i would suggest that ride managers place their descriptions of
rides on the ride calendar and let the ride descriptions page be those
of participants in the rides.

i recognize that rides will change and a ride manager would like to
have a current description for people to see but often managers and
riders have different views on what happened on the ride.

perhaps we could have a note at the top of the ride description
page that says - for ride manager descriptions of coming events -
see "link to ride calendar".

i think the descriptions page is a great idea.

mike
mmaul@micro.ti.com
houston, tx