ridecamp@endurance.net: re: Cow Hocks etc.

re: Cow Hocks etc.

Gwen Dluehosh (dluehosh@vt.edu)
Mon, 03 Mar 1997 20:53:52 +0500

Well, Tracy, I guess that takes care of that! :)
I don't necessarily agree on getting rid of every trace of sickle the first
generation... COunt Dorsaz get would hav a hard time being around if that
were true. I never commented on Skowronek and in fact was looking at some
pictures of him last night and I KNOW he has a great back end. Raffles I
will still contend is ever slightly sickle- and this will be passed on by
breeders who don't care. I am aiming at eliminating the flaw from my mare
band- but this was my first mare and for a mare of 23 she sure is built
cleanly. This is AFTER 8 foals. As always i try to outcross completely with
the back legs - I too am extremely picky about hind legs and esp the croup
and hip length.
NOne of the other mares I currently have have this flaw, so it is not
something that will be passed on. The goal is to improve, and I feel THAT is
happening.
I ought to send you guys a picture of this gal so you can see what I mean...
It really depends on the day.
Gwen
At 02:52 AM 3/3/97 MST, you wrote:
>Hi, my name is Tracy Scheinkman, I've been lurking for a while but had to
>jump in on this one a little bit.

Gwen Dluehosh
Desert Storm Arabians
1156 Hightop Rd, #89