ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Number removal

Re: Number removal

Susan F. Evans (suendavid@worldnet.att.net)
Fri, 28 Feb 1997 11:07:19 -0800

Joanne Alderman wrote:

> My husband read a response about number removal and said that the best
> thing (assuming that the grease stick is like the stuff actors use) is
> cold cream or waterless hand cleaner.
>
> That's worth a try before using acetone which can be toxic, or at least
> cause extremely dry skin/hair. Acetone's also very flammable.
>
> Jo

The other day I was talking to someone who grew up at a dairy where they
use livestock crayons all the time---she said the grease crayon is
oil-based and so if you use oil to get it off, it will dilute and break
down the crayon and float the orange (or blue or yellow) color right off
without drying out the skin or causing irritation. She said any
oil---baby or vegetable or WD-40---will work.

Susan