From: Laney Humphrey
Sent: Friday, February 28, 1997 10:00 AM
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: saddle pads

Hi all! I've been lurking since the holidays. Now I have a saddle pad
problem that I'm sure someone out there has a solution for. My saddle fits
my horse perfectly except...his shoulders are uneven so he torques from the
left front to the right rear when he moves. This causes the saddle pad to
shift in the same direction. He also has rubbed spots over his loins under
the ends of the panels.
The pad I am using is 3/4 inch felt. I'm looking for a substitute
that even if it shifts won't cause rubs (He is about to start shedding and I
think the felt just grabbed the sort of loose hair and pulled it out!). I'm
going to experiment this weekend with making an underpad of polarfleece but
Laney,
>I fear that it will slip and bunch. I don't need or want a pad thicker than
>about an inch (compressed that is, it can start out thicker if it is fluffy).

A mail order company - "The Australian Connection", as a pad called "Equilox"
I think - - - that is think, gives good air circulation, & looks like it would
stay in place well. You might try it. I have a friend that rides with an
older version of the same pad, & it works great for her.

If you can't find "The Australian Conn" let me know, & I'll send it to you
next week.

Connie Hoge
pvtevt@msn.com