From: Susanw@ns1.exactimaging.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 1997 7:20 PM
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: saddle question

I have an old western saddle that fits my horse and me but I hate a saddle
horn can it be removed without damaging the structure of the tree?.

Susan & the oh-so round Coco Puff
Red Horse Farm
Oregon, U.S.A.

Reply Seperator____________________________________________

Susan,

I first started riding in a Bighorn Cordura western saddle. The horn drove me
nuts, as I am short, & couldn't get up over my mare's neck without it hitting
me in the chest.

My husband took a saw to it, I found metal reinforcement pieces in the middle.
So much for the teeth of that saw! He changed blades, & got it off. I took
the top piece of leather off the horn, & used it to patch the flat spot.
Still have the saddle.

Connie Hoge
pvtevt@msn.com