ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: question about altitude changes

Re: question about altitude changes

Tommy Crockett (tomydore@goblin.punk.net)
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 11:52:04 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 24 Feb 1997 HimmelreichL@obgyn-po.obgyn.uiowa.edu wrote:

> Is it possible to bring horses from sea level and do a multi-day ride
> in the Rockies at altitude? If it is, what would I need to know to
> make it easier or safer for the horses? I would greatly appreciate
> any help you could give me.

I've done it many times. I live on the beach as do my horses. When going
to the Sierras I try to get there a week to ten days early to get the
horse used to it. I've done this for years on Dr. Kerry Ridgeway's
advice.

Tommy Crockett <tomydore@goblin.punk.net>
Los Osos, Ca. 93402-2715
"He asked me, why do you ride for your money?
why do you rope for short pay?"
Michael Burton, Gopher Music, BMI