From: karen Clanin
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 1997 6:37 AM
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: protection

>>After all, we're born nude - Or did I miss something?

Following this logic why don't don't you ride nude? Most of us wear shoes
or boots to protect our feet from all the little prickly things out there.
Most of us wear pants to protect out legs from bushes, leather burns, cold
and the sun. Most of us wear shirts of some time to protect our bodies from
the elements. Most of the ladies wear bras to protect that portion of the
anatomy from the discomfort of bouncing. Most of the men wear some type of
short for the same general reason. If you will note that the common reason
for all this expense and effort is protection. Please note that none of the
aforementioned items of clothing are mentioned in the rule book. The logic
of not wearing a helmet to protect ones head which most of us agree is a
vital part of our body totally excapes me.

jim clanin

Jim,

Not saying it's not logical - - just my right to make the choice.
C.H.