ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Check it out

Re: Check it out

Joanne Alderman (jalderman@juno.com)
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 21:27:36 EST

Well, Kat, my New World Dictionary of the American Language (Second
Edition) allows that the word may be spelled either "longeing",
"longing", or "lunging".

I must admit that "longeing" or "lunging" would be my preference, if only
because at first glance, I read "longing" as meaning "yearning".

I guess it's just a matter of choice. However, I was aiming more at
those who spell the word "lounging", which we all hope our horses DON'T
DO at the end of the longe line!

Jo