Re: Stiff Neck

Lyn Kamer (MUSTANGRDR@worldnet.att.net)
Thu, 30 Jan 1997 22:36:44 -0500

RReceived: (from majordom@localhost) by fsr.com (8.8.2/8.7.3) id RAA19405; Fri, 31 Jan 1997 17:37:08 -0800 (PST)
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 97 00:08:32 UT
From: "Connie Hoge" <pvtevt@msn.com>
To: CBarr6608@aol.com, ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RE: what to do with middle-aged knees

----------
From: CBarr6608@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 1997 7:21 PM
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: what to do with middle-aged knees

Hi all-

I just got back from the FIre Mountain Ride where I rode my 5 year-old on his
first 50. Unfortunately, Rocky is not as smooth-gaited as his brother, Hoss,
the horse I have been riding. Consequently, my knees took a real pounding.
So, those of you who have experienced this inconvenience, I need your advice
on how to combat it. I'm thinking of buying shock-absorbing stirrups as well
as wearing a knee brace. Any more suggestions?

cb

My husband has the same problem. Our shoer rolled Khaz's toes, & increased his
angles, that resulted in a much smoother gait. Professional's Choice sells
knee supports that look like they'd be great at protecting the knee from
friction.

Connie H.
Arlington, WA

eceived: (from majordom@localhost) by fsr.com (8.8.2/8.7.3) id SAA20731; Fri, 31 Jan 1997 18:03:13 -0800 (PST)