Re: listserve vs newsgroup

Diana L. Benson (dbenson@juno.com)
Fri, 31 Jan 1997 12:48:33 PST

Thank you, Stephanie. It's hard sorting through so many postings for the
glimmer of REAL & USEABLE information. I wish when people have an
obviously personal response to someone, that is, no can make sense of it
except those two people, that they would email each other personally.

<step@bluefish.fsr.com> writes:

>I would much rather see a little more restraint excersized and keep this
list >solid and useful than move to a different format.

>I could count about 50 posts on LD that said the same thing, with minor >variations... maybe.
>
>If we're just a little more judicious with our posts I think we can
maintain the >quality of the list and not overload our mail readers!

>And try to think of this list as a finite resource - if it can comfortably handle >50 posts per day (for example) then make sure you don't monopolize it - don't >be one to contribute 5 or 10 posts per day on a regular
basis.