Re: Ford Explorer

Joanne Alderman (jalderman@juno.com)
Thu, 30 Jan 1997 22:19:28 EST

I don't profess to understand it, either, but it is a known fact that an
automatic produces more torque than a manual, which is why they are rated
higher for towing.
This goes for all manufacturers, not just Ford. (By the way, I own 3
Fords myself: an F150 4X4 for towing the gooseneck horse trailer, an E150
which can tow the travel trailer, and an Escort for my husband, who
doesn't tow.)

I envy you, though, that you can think of buying an Explorer this year,
then turn around and get a gooseneck AND a pickup next year! I'd
looooove to be able to get a bigger 4X4, myself, but it'll have to wait,
probably a loooong time!

Joanne Alderman
JAlderman@Juno.com