Re: .Limited Distance

Reynolds, Nikki (jakar@aiinc.com)
Wed, 29 Jan 1997 13:26:02 -0800

Tommy Crockett wrote:

> I used this point to both Samm and Tina in private, but might as well step
> back into the "ring of fire". Shoot the reason they're training rides and
> an indicator is that there's evaluation crews and vets to help access the
> horse's fitness. Another point is that sometimes a young horse may be fit
> as any other, but needs to improve soicalization habits in a herd mixed
> with predator human beasts environment.
>
> t (who's mustang is fit and sturdy, but her hoof pickin' up by strangers
> skills need improvin')
>
> Tommy Crockett <tomydore@goblin.punk.net>
> Los Osos, California 93402-2715
> "it won't matter what you're saying when
> the damage has all been done"
> Mary Chapin Carpenter
Hi Tommy,
Hope you get your mustang over that okay. Mine wouldn't let anyone but
me touch her, period. She was like that 'til the day she got loose in
the desert...never to be seen again. (She was 8 years old when taken,
and 9 by the time I started riding her.)
The Arab I have now will let anyone handle him, EXCEPT the vet. He has
to be tranquilized for even routine floating, shots, etc.. He's dog
gentle for everyone else. I hope he behaves himself in a ride situation
for the vets. We'll find out at his first LD this year. I'm hoping
it's just a kneejerk reaction to the disinfectant smell at the vets'.
He's had a couple tramatic cancer treatment visits there, one involving
extensive surgery.
Good Luck to You!, Nikki