Re: Mustang/Arab cross

Tommy Crockett (tomydore@goblin.punk.net)
Mon, 27 Jan 1997 15:14:23 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 26 Jan 1997, ROBERT J MORRIS wrote:

> -- [ From: ROBERT J MORRIS * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

> Remember, the mustang of today is not the one of the storybooks. If you want
> the ones of old then get a Breyer model and start your own herd. That is
> the only way. Otherwise, realize that the lineage of the current mustang
> carries TB, Draft, '57, and who knows what in its lineage.

Absolutely. before anybody breeds anything one should think in terms of
conformation points rather then emotion. I mentioned Bob because I
figured he'd swing it back around to Barbs. I mean DNA certifiable Barbs.

I'm still gonna take my little feral mare over to Cheri's for breeding
after a year of limited distance. Doc's personal achievements are storied.
With the colt, her range bred, I'd never consider letting his lineage
continue though just for the heck of it I'll probably freeze some semen.
99.9% sure it won't get used, but won't cost any extra to use the old
mounting block. He has no primative markings, a white sock and a blaze. At
6 months his cannons from mid knee to coronet measured 16 and a half
inches. Not typical, by any means of spanish heritage. Gotta be a TB in
the woodpile out there in Sandy Springs, Nv. somewhere. :)

Tommy Crockett <tomydore@goblin.punk.net>
Los Osos, California 93402-2715
"it won't matter what you're saying when
the damage has all been done"
Mary Chapin Carpenter