Re: Hi!!

Barbara Madill (WFMADILL.FMF@worldnet.att.net)
Sun, 26 Jan 1997 15:57:40 +0000

At 01:15 AM 1/26/97 +0000, you wrote:
>I will try to save your e-mail address..
>
>Pete has not been competing in years, but been activly involed in FEI rides.
> He was one of our choices for the NACER this year, but we chose Dwight
>hooton instead. I love Pete to death and am sorry we couldn't have them
>both. I hope Pete does come to rides..one of the problems with using Pete as
>Chef 'd Equioe is that most of todays riders do not know him like you and I
>do...he need to come to rides and be visible...we all miss him (those that
>knew him back when)
>
>teddy

Thanks for comeback! Speaking of Dwight, he and Valery are judging Florida
100. Talk about the long and short of it!!!

When NJ hired me to judge NJ100, '96 with Dwight, I'd thought they'd chosen
me so they could call us "Mutt and Jeff". He's an excellent ECTRA Judge,
though he and I had some discussion regarding what extent of what grade
lameness to pull and when. At evening check one horse was most emphatically
grade 3. I said the horse should be pulled, because it was not "fit to go
on". Dwigtht smiled at me and asked, "but when does it have to go on?"
That rider worked HARD, messaging, etc., and in the morning the horse was
indeed fit to go on for the last 20!

Speaking of Appaloosas and ponies and long distance. Teddy, do you remember
the "bionic pony" POA - think her name was Blanc Seurat - that Jan
Worthington used to ride when she lived in the east? I still get goose
bumps remembering the beauty of watching that little mare go!

Best for now