Re: Horse:Rider Weight

Duncan Fletcher (dfletche@gte.net)
Sat, 25 Jan 1997 11:12:50 -0800

You are right Lynn. A local vet with endurance experience uses 30% (I
believe) of the horse's fit body weight. If the horse's fit body weight is
1000, and the horse is fit, it can carry 300 lb. If the horse is 100 lb
overweight it can carry only 200 lb - the 300 it can carry less the extra
100 lb of excess weight it is already carrying.