Re: to the olympics?

Tommy Crockett (tomydore@goblin.punk.net)
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 10:04:08 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 20 Jan 1997, Rebecca Hackworth wrote:

> >Yet our path to the olympics doesn't seem to be contested - not that I have
> >seen, anyway.
> >
> Maybe because the ORIGINAL thoughts on the olympics is that of amatures. I
> know I am an idealist, but that is how I see endurance not conflicting with
> the olympic sprit.

Ms. Hackworth seems on target here. Yet in the modern era with every
bogus sport one can imagine included in the olympics it seems there must
be a place for endurance. Certainly couldn't get any LESS COVERAGE by NBC
then the Dressage finals, of which ZERO, NONE, NADA was aired. In Germany
local events fill stadiums, here NBC chose to not even show recaps except
for less then one test by the American Silver medalist. The only hope
endurance would ever find to get NBC's attention would be the top heavy
preponderance of Americans within the sport.

Tommy Crockett <tomydore@goblin.punk.net>
Los Osos, California 93402-2715
"it won't matter what you're saying when
the damage has all been done"
Mary Chapin Carpenter