Re: Humane Society (Was: Be prepared)

Tommy Crockett (tomydore@goblin.punk.net)
Wed, 15 Jan 1997 19:32:39 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 15 Jan 1997, you wrote:

> >Tommy mentioned in an earlier post an article that just came out in
> >the HSUS monthly magazine. Since I was (note "was") a member of the
> HSUS, I
> >received the magazine last Friday. After reading the article, I wrote a
> letter
> >to HSUS's CEO, President, and Editor cancelling my membership. Knowing
> >what actually went on in Atlanta vs. what the HSUS reported in this
> article
> >makes it very hard for me to believe anything they report. Very sad.

Yes now I remember the Hamane Society of the United States and the U.S.
Humane society are truly different entities with seperate goals. Again
the difference between animal welfare and animal rights.

The Friends of the Rodeo, which is reconized by PRCA as well as supported
with a PRCA executive on the Friends board of directors, is sending me
some information on how they've been dealing with PETA and the HSUS. I'll
be glad to fax or mail any ride managers interested, upon receiving and
their request.

I say we turn over to some of our famous SW region ride vets. ;-)

Tommy Crockett <tomydore@goblin.punk.net>
Los Osos, California 93402-2715
"it won't matter what you're saying when
the damage has all been done"
Mary Chapin Carpenter