Re: HUMANE SOCIETY is back at it!

Tommy Crockett (tomydore@goblin.punk.net)
Tue, 14 Jan 1997 14:45:52 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 14 Jan 1997 SandyDSA@aol.com wrote:

> I don't know - ride managers?

Should they cause any problems there are ways to deal with them without
being terribly confrontational that PRCA rodeo organizers have developed
over the years. Their sport is truly hassled due to the high profile
nature by the nay-sayers.

I just got a message from a friend in Friends of the Rodeo. She's willing
to share techniques with any ride managers that might be interested. I'll
keep her name private as it was a personal message, but post a quote from it.

*********************quoted text follows***********************

"I am a rep of Friends of Rodeo and we deal with the protesters on a
regular basis. Our main defense is to ignore most of them, but if some of
them *truly* want the truth, we are more than willing to show them the
livestock, the equipment and explain everything. We have found that most
people that are against rodeo and really ignorant of livestock, or just
influenced by the drastic measures that the activists go."

***********************end quoted text**************************

She made a real point in that there is a big difference between animal
rights and animal welfare groups. She tells me that animal "rights"
activists can't be encouraged to listen to any viewpoint but their own.
That was in part of the message that included some personal stuff so I
snipped it, but y'all get the gist of the situation.

Tommy Crockett <tomydore@goblin.punk.net>
Los Osos, California 93402-2715
"it won't matter what you're saying when
the damage has all been done"
Mary Chapin Carpenter