Re: fat and heart rate

Susan F. Evans (suendavid@worldnet.att.net)
Thu, 09 Jan 1997 15:23:54 -0800

Tivers@aol.com wrote:

> << Sorry, I disagree. One liter of oxygen when utilizing carbohydrates
> produces 4.7 kcals of energy. One liter of oxygen utilizing fats
> produces 5.0 kcals of energy---0.3 kcals more per liter of oxygen. The
> research, the math and the biochemistry does not support your above
> statement.
>
> Susan Evans >>
>
> You, then, assume that all carbohydrates are consumed using oxygen?

Of course not, but since you were referring to the utilization of oxygen
in your original post, I foolishly assumed we were discussing aerobic
metabolism. How silly of me.

By the
> way, I think the data presented is incorrect, but will acknowledge it's
> correctness if I find it so after check the figures again.

And I have little doubt you will find some sarcastic and belittling
remark to make, regardless of whether my information is correct or not.

Susan Evans