Re: molasses in feed

Alice Steinke (alicest@hcc-uky.campus.mci.net)
Thu, 09 Jan 1997 10:44:16 -0600

At what level of work does feeding sweet feed become a problem. I am hoping
to condition my 4 yo this year for a short Comp. Trail ride and he eats
sweet feed. Is this something I need to read from the archives.

alice

At 11:32 AM 1/9/97 -0500, you wrote:

><<
> Sandy asked why not feed molasses? I guess I really have to say that my
> question is why feed it? >>
>The only reason we feed a product with mollasses in it is so that certain
>supplements which are otherwise not too palatable can stick to it and be
>consumed. Of course, all it takes is about a cup of 4way, and so I would
>consider that this small amount would not be a problem. Does any one have any
>statistical information on negative effects of feeding sweet feed?

Alice Steinke
Willie (15 pound 3 yo red wire), Lacie (7 yo schnauzer mix), Sandy ( 6mo
cocker puppy)
Turbo, the cat
Hannah and Chester, the horses

If I ruled the World, Every Day would be the First day of Spring.