Re: Endurance Handbook

Linda H VanCeylon (lindavan.eqath@juno.com)
Wed, 8 Jan 1997 16:26:58 PST

On Wed, 08 Jan 1997 09:55:29 -0800 Fred & Cheryl Dzida <dzida@agt.net>
writes:
>Just read your posting on Ridecamp. What is "The Endurance Handbook"?
>
>Is it a summary of American ride rules, or does it describe the basics
>of
>conditioning, competition, and etiquette? Since I ride in Northern
>Alberta, American rules probably won't help me, but I surely need help
>
>with the rest. I was riding with an experienced rider while
>absolutely
>green in the sport and now realize I am one of the "Too far, Too fast,
>
>Too soon" people. I hope my horse isn't damaged, and I don't want to
>make the same mistake on my next two horses.
>Please let me know if this handbook can help me. Also, what is
>considered the "epitome" of Endurance Riding/conditioning reference
>books?
>Thanks, Cheryl Dzida, Grande Prairie, Alberta

Yes, the Endurance Riding Handbook will answer all your questions.

It will probably also raise more questions once you've read it. For
those questions, you've got e-mail.

I don't think there is an "epitome" of reference books for endurance.

My suggestion is to read all you can find, then choose the methods that
work best for you.

It must be cold up there in northern Alberta. Bet you've got lots of
reading time right now:-)

Regards,

LindaVan