Re: Horses with a club foot

Rebecca Hackworth (bechack@cnsii.com)
Mon, 6 Jan 1997 22:55:07 -0800

At 09:12 AM 1/7/97 +1000, you wrote:
>Has anyone had any experience or success in endurance with a horse that
>has a club foot? We don't want to waste time and effort training a
>horse with a club foot if there is no chance of success?
>
>Looking forward to your replies.
>
>Anne

My mare Gina has a club foot, but with a really good farrier, it has NEVER
been a problem., and now to look at it, you can barly tell which one it is.
Her 3 year old colt has it too, but with Mom's success, I have no qualms
about it at all. They are not bad, no rotation of the hoof at all, just
outwardly shapped "funny"

I shouldn't brag, but gina is currently 100% completion, no lameness
problems. She is 16 1/2 and didn't start this stuff untill 2 years ago!
Good ol' girl. We will be at Warner Springs with the kids again.

See ya'll there

Becky Hackworth